3. Alerts and Instant Messages (IMs)
This article answers frequently asked questions about Lync. If you don’t see an answer to your question here, let us know and we’ll try to address it.
NOTE Some features described here may not be available in your organization. Check with your Lync administrator (usually the person who provided your user ID and password) if you’re not sure.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I add customized emoticons to my Lync IMs?
- Can I recall (block the delivery of) an IM?
- Can I use spellchecking in my Lync IMs?
- How can I make the IM alerts more prominent so I don’t miss incoming IM requests?
- How do I change fonts in my IMs?
- How do I disable IM alert sounds?
- How do I set an alert to notify me as soon as a particular contact becomes available?
- What types of information can I copy and paste into an IM?
- Where can I find previous IM conversations, records of Lync calls, or IM requests I may have missed?